Recruitment to the Board of Trustees
The PH Holt Foundation is seeking three new trustees to fill upcoming retirements. We welcome applications from enthusiastic individuals with a background in the private, public or charity sectors, and who share our commitment to making a positive difference for communities across Merseyside. We are keen to strengthen our trustee expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial management and accountancy
- Governance and risk management
- Legal expertise in relation to the voluntary sector
- Investment management
- Marketing and digital communications
- Experience from working in the field of education, the arts or community development
The role of trustee is a voluntary position and reasonable expenses are reimbursed for board related work. Board meetings are held four times a year in Liverpool during working hours. Trustees also participate in one or more of the delegated sub-committees which meet as required on Grants, Investments, Finance and Risk Management. Occasional visits to Merseyside charities funded by the Foundation are also part of the trustee role.
The PH Holt Foundation is an independent grant-maker working to create a better future for the people of Merseyside. We provide grants to local charities that aim to change lives through community activities, education, the arts, heritage and environmental projects.
If you would like to apply, please send the following information:
- A brief covering letter outlining why you would like to be a PH Holt Foundation trustee and the skills you would bring to the role [maximum two sides of A4].
- A current CV.
- Details of two referees who could be contacted following interview.
Your application should be emailed for the attention of Ian Bakewell, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9am on Friday 15th June 2018.
Interviews will be held during weeks commencing 2nd and 9th July 2018 for a start date in September 2018